International Association of Veterinary Social Work
Maintaining professional standards, encouraging research,
and advocating for a better world for all species.
Joining the IAVSW Board & upcoming elections
We are seeking interdisciplinary candidates who are highly motivated and committed to equity and inclusion in diverse animal-related settings and whose work aligns with the IAVSW vision and mission. Ideal candidates may be professionals or students interested in creating a supportive community of students and professionals in the veterinary social work space. Board members are leaders in the field of Social Work, Veterinary Sciences, and aligned Human-Animal Interaction fields.
- Executive Board:
- Vice President
- Director of Finance & Audit (Treasurer)
- Non-executive Board:
- Partnership Director
- Education Director
- Communications Director
- Deadline to submit the IAVSW 2022 officer application is March 20, 2022 by 11:59pm EST.
- Board-approved nomination slate will be shared with IAVSW membership for online voting through April 21, 2022 at 11:59pm EST.
- Notification will be made to elected members on April 25, 2022.
- New Board members will be welcomed at the monthly Board of Directors meeting on May 4, 2022.
- Board positions have 2 and 3 year terms (information regarding IAVSW Board positions can be found here: https://bit.ly/356s7cu).
Board members are expected to exercise the duties and responsibilities of their positions with integrity, collegiality, and care. This includes:
- Making attendance at all meetings of the board a high priority
- The anticipated time commitment for board members is 5 to 10 hours per week, depending on position and current projects.
- Being prepared to discuss the issues and business on the agenda, and having read all background material relevant to the topics at hand.
- Cooperating with and respecting the opinions of fellow Board members, and leaving personal prejudices out of all board discussions, as well as supporting actions of the Board even when the Board member personally did not support the action taken.
- Putting the interests of the organization above personal interests.
- Representing the organization in a positive and supportive manner at all times and in all places.
- Showing respect and courteous conduct in all board and committee meetings.
Interested? Apply here: https://forms.gle/
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Veterinary social work is an area of social work practice that supports and strengthens interdisciplinary partnerships that attend to the intersection of humans and animals.
Contact us at email@example.com